UW Sustainability is looking for a student graphic design assistant. This is a part-time position for a current student. The graphic design assistant will work closely with the UW Sustainability team to develop marketing communications materials that educate and engage the UW community regarding sustainability programs and initiatives.
Please include portfolio examples or a link to an online portfolio with your application.
• Assist with creative concept planning for campaigns and outreach efforts.
• Design posters, flyers, brochures, and other promotional materials.
• Design graphic elements for web, newsletters, and emails.
• Work collaboratively to guide creative concepts and make them a reality.
• Concept and prepare social media images and infographics.
• Assist in creative design and communications for Earth Day, SustainableUW Festival, and other campus events.
• Develop presentation slides for staff and executives.
• Manage branding assets and updates.
• Take photos and manage photo library.
• Work with staff to submit orders to Creative Communications.
• Provide general administrative support.
• Participate in team meetings and discussions.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign.
• Creative with strong organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to lead creative brainstorming and collaborative idea generation.
• Web or video experience is a plus.
Experience working on Mac computers.
Interest in environmental sustainability.
Previous experience working in an office environment.