Team Location: Schmitz Hall
- Student Fiscal Services
Team Mission: To streamline processes to reduce waste of resources and increase efficiency.
- Reducing the number of daily paper reports received
- Eliminated purchasing paper products for the kitchen
- Began re-using paper that had only been printed on one side
- Set everyone's printer settings to default to duplex, black
- Placed reminders on everyones monitors to turn them off at the end of the day
- Held an event to promote plants in the office
- Held contests for "cleanest desk" to encourage reducing paper
- Reuse folders, files, and envelopes when appropriate
- Reduced our use of paper
- Surveyed staff "green" behavior. Result turned into dashboard "Greendex"
- Acquired recycling bins for each kitchen and conference room, as well as for individual offices and work stations
- Started composting
- Created a trading post
- We hope to begin actively working on individual processes to eliminate the use of paper, one process at a time, until our office no longer relies on it.
- Integrated Green practices into LEAN
- Achieved Silver Green Office Certification
Meeting Schedule: N/A
Contact Name: Colin Sachs
Contact Email: email@example.com
Start Up Date: 05/29/2008