Join Dubs and fellow students, faculty, staff, and alumni in doing a world of good.
Many of us Huskies are already working hard to make the world a better place through our innovative education and research but did you know you can also do good right here at UW?
By making smart business decisions, engaging with our communities, and reducing our impact on the environment we can do a world of good just by making more sustainable choices in areas like purchasing, inclusion, and transportation.
Image (left): Dubs at 2014 UW College of Education Open House. Credit: UW ICA.
Easy ways to be a GOOD DAWG!
- Buy green, buy local
- Make purchases using the UW Business Diversity Program Purchasing Guide (BDP)
- Choose alternative transportation
- Conserve energy
- Recycle & compost
- Buy office supplies & equipment through UW Surplus when possible
- Reduce your paper use
- Get a green certification for your office, lab, dorm room, or Greek house
- Students: check out HFS's Green Living page
- Be prepared for emergencies
- Participate in the annual UW Combined Fund Drive (CFD) - Including our Husky Green Fund
- GOOD DAWG! Events Guide
- GOOD DAWG! Purchasing Guide (Coming Summer 2016)
- UW Sustainable Academic Business Plan
- UW Race & Equity Initiative
- UW Climate Action Plan
- UW Environmental Stewardship Committee
- UW Be Boundless