Looking for a career in an environmental field? This Wednesday, Feb. 25, join the College of the Environment and dozens of employers for the Environmental Career Fair in Mary Gates Commons.
The event is open to all UW students, and provides an opportunity to explore careers in various environmental fields. Potential employers from the nonprofit, government and private sectors will be on hand to discuss career positions and internships.
More information and the full list of employers attending is on the College of the Environment website.
If you are planning on attending, here are some tips to get the most out of the fair:
- Do your research – Review the employer's website before the career fair so your questions are specific to the organization
- Dress professionally – First impressions are important at Career Fairs
- Introduce yourself – Work on your brief elevator speech and tell them what skills, education, and experience you have related to the organization or position
- Leave them with something – Provide them with your resume and contact information
- Get something from the employer – Ask for a business card or contact information for follow-up communication
Questions about the career fair can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.