The UW Bothell Sustainability Office is hiring a Sustainability Student Assistant!
The UW Bothell Sustainability Office serves to facilitate the realization of the campus sustainability vision through promoting sustainability on campus and in the surrounding community, connecting students, staff, faculty and stakeholders to resources they need in order to implement sustainability solutions, and engaging the campus community in sustainability-related events and activities. The UW Bothell Sustainability Student Assistant act as a representative of the Sustainability Office, “walking the talk” about sustainability on and off campus.
- Communications - The Sustainability Student Assistant will help spread the word about Sustainability news, events, and updates via newsletters, flyers, and posters. The assistant will create presentations and flyers as needed using graphic design software, as well as be in charge of managing our quarterly Sustainability Newsletter.
- Student engagement and outreach – The assistant will help with planning and execution of sustainability-related engagement events and outreach opportunities within the UW Bothell Campus Community, including tabling events, Earth Week, work parties, sustainability programs, etc.
- Record Keeping/Administrative Support – The assistant will be tasked with taking and transcribing notes for committee meetings and other meetings that the Sustainability Office is responsible for leading, as well as assisting in data entry, and university reporting.
- Sustainability Plan – This student will help with moving forward the 5-year Sustainability Action Plan through assisting with the execution of goals within the plan, and promotion of the plan.
- Grant/Funding research – This student will help research funding sources, identify grant opportunities, and prepare grant proposals that can help fund sustainability-related projects.
- Other duties, as needed – Work within the Sustainability Office is always flowing and constantly changing, therefore flexibility and adaptability to pick up new and varying projects is inevitable within this position.
- Desire to learn
- Outgoing/able to put yourself out there and interact with the campus community
To apply to this job, please email a cover letter and resume to Alexa Russo, the Sustainability Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 29th.