UW Sustainability is hiring a part-time Student Program Assistant starting this summer. Applications are due by June 19.
The position would generally assist with office operations, including maintenance, update, and data entry for databases and spreadsheets; routine clerical tasks; respond to office inquiries and support the office with communications to university staff, students, and faculty members about office activities and resources; assist staff with campus sustainability activities; assist with special projects; support the director with meeting scheduling and coordination; and other projects and duties as assigned. Full details and the application are on Handshake.
At the University of Washington, diversity is integral to excellence. UW Sustainability values and honors diverse experiences and perspectives, while striving to create welcoming and respectful learning environments, and promote access and opportunity for all. UW Sustainability encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
- Assist with maintenance, update, and data entry for databases and spreadsheets.
- Perform routine clerical tasks, such as reception, filing, on-campus deliveries, typing, word processing, answering phones, assisting with mailings, assisting in setup of meeting rooms and audio-visual equipment; set up online Zoom meetings
- Manage the office supply inventory, coordinate office supplies ordering, maintain office space and break out rooms.
- Respond to office inquiries and support the office with communications to university staff, students, and faculty members about office activities and resources.
- Assist with website updates: (http://green.uw.edu).
- Assist staff with campus sustainability activities, such as the Sustainability Festival, Earth Day.
- Assist with special projects.
- Support Director with meeting scheduling and coordination.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Must be detailed oriented and organized
- Experience with Microsoft Office or Google Documents.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong communicator, both in writing and in-person.
- Interest in environmental justice, social equity, ecological knowledge, and/or environmental sustainability.
- Previous experience working in an office environment.
- Ability to maintain and create relationships with student and departmental groups through attending meetings, events, or completing necessary outreach.
- Ability to work in the position for at least several quarters.
About UW Sustainability:
UW Sustainability advances the University of Washington's commitment to sustainability. Acknowledging UW’s legacy for the future, UW Sustainability leads the development and execution of innovative and inclusive solutions that are socially responsible, economically viable, and affect positive environmental impact. We work with students, faculty and staff across the UW to coordinate, resource and implement sustainability programs and efforts.