Energy and Innovation
Thursday, Oct. 29, 2015, 2 p.m.
Researchers at the Molecular Engineering & Sciences Institute (MolES) and Clean Energy Institute (CEI) explore how custom engineered molecules can lead to breakthroughs in solar energy, health & medicine and drug delivery. Come hear members of MolES and CEI labs talk about their passion for tackling some of society’s greatest challenges and learn how they are incorporating sustainable practices in to their everyday work. The program will conclude with a tour of the Molecular Engineering & Sciences building, a unique laboratory/research building with many green design features, certified as LEED Gold by the U.S. Green Building Council.
RSVP required and registration is now closed
2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Presentations (10 minutes each with five minute Q&A):
- Protein Design/Green Labs (Baker Lab)
- Solar Energy Materials Design/Green Processes (Luscombe Lab)
- UW Solar on Campus (UW Solar)
3:00 – 3:30 Demos/Info Stations
- LEED Design Features (Chris Adams, Green Roof MolES)
- Clean Energy Institute Outreach Activities (Shaun Taylor, MolES Second Floor Lab)
- MolES “Green” Recycling Pilot Program (Ground Floor)