The University of Washington supports videoconferencing to reduce travel and easily connect people remotely. All UW faculty, staff and students have free acess to Zoom Pro, which allows hosting of online meetings with up to 300 participants. Zoom also offers HIPAA-compliant options.
We have also compiled a list of rooms with dedicated spaces and hardware for video conferencing on the University of Washington campuses.
- Hosted by UW-IT, the Video Studio offers video recording, web conferencing, and media viewing. Use of the room is free of charge for UW Faculty, Staff and Thesis Oral Exam Students.
- The HSB Video Conference Studio is available by reservation and has a capacity of 35 people. Reservation requests are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The UWMC Plaza Cafe Conference Room A has audio/video conference calling capabilities, including a video conference camera, ceiling mounted projector, microphone and speakers.
- Located in HSB F348, the School of Public Health's conference room includes a 60-inch monitor and wide angle webcam.
- UWBX 101A features a 75" touch screen MondoPad and video conferencing camera.
UW Tacoma has several conference and classroom spaces with webcam and videoconferencing capability.
- UW Tacoma videoconferencing information
- UW Tacoma space reservation information
Interested in having a remote speaker for your class or event, but not sure how to do it? We can help! UWIT has a great resource for all questions related to Zoom. However, if you would prefer to have hands on assistance you may reach out to our office.