The Green Office Certification program has several resources and tips for paper conservation.
For more ideas, use these programs and resources to help reduce your paper consumption:
- Managed Print Services
a sustainable service offered by an external supplier, Ricoh, to improve the way we copy and print documents, resulting in a reduction of paper consumption and can save departments up to 25% over current costs.
- Utilize Green Office resources for paper conservation
- Create a migration plan to replace printers without duplex capability at the end of the current contract
- Utilize computer programs or online websites (such as Google Docs, OneNote, Wiki, or others) to share notes and workspaces
- Track your printing
- Print duplex (double-sided)
- Use network printing to reduce personal desktop printers
- Turn expired stationary or unneeded one-sided documents (non-confidential) into scratch paper or notepads
- Centralized Fax Service
enables individuals or groups to send and receive faxes without maintaining a physical fax machine. Rather than having faxes print out, faxes are sent or received using email or by accessing a simple-to-use web page.
- Reduce Junk & Misaddressed Mail
a service offered by Mailing Services for departments experiencing a lot of unwanted mail from former staff members that would like to reduce and eliminate a lot of that waste.
- Follow UW Scanning Requirements
- Paper recycling infographic
a downloadable poster with details on the ins and outs of paper recycling at UW