UW Sustainability is hiring for a part-time student program assistant position with hours ranging from 15-19 hours per week, during our office hours 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. We are located in Gerberding Hall Room B40.
Qualified applicants, please send resume and cover letter to Claudia Frere-Anderson: email@example.com
UW Sustainability is a central source for information and resources regarding sustainability practices and programs at the University of Washington. UW Sustainability promotes the University’s mission to excel in environmental education and guide investments that ensure a sustainable future. Through its programs, events and tools, UWS fosters sustainability-minded relationships and involvement within the UW community and beyond. For information, visit: http://green.uw.edu
- Assist with maintenance, update, and data entry for databases and spreadsheets.
- Perform routine clerical tasks such as reception, filing, on-campus deliveries, typing, word processing, answering phones, assisting with mailings, assisting in setup of meeting rooms and audio-visual equipment, and other office functions as needed.
- Manage the office supply inventory, coordinate office supplies ordering, maintain office space and break out rooms.
- Respond to office inquiries and support the office with communications to university staff, students and faculty members about office activities and resources.
- Assist web site updates such as the events calendar and news stories (http://green.uw.edu).
- Assist staff with various campus sustainability activities, such as the Green Office Certification program.
- Assist with special projects.
- Support with scheduling meetings.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Experience with Microsoft Office. Photoshop and HTML experience a plus.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple projects and work well and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent written and inter-personal communication skills.
- Interest in environmental sustainability.
- Previous experience working in an office environment.