Show us how you Engage for Earth. The Earth Day 2019 event is focused on raising awareness of environmental justice and engaging with diverse forms of sustainability. The Earth Day planning committee is hosting a design contest open to all UW students, faculty, staff, and alumni which may inspire this year's Earth Day promotional materials. Applicants are encouraged to submit a poster design for the event. The Earth Day Planning Committee encourages applicants to explore non-traditional design language that goes beyond environmental sustainability and highlights the broad themes of Action, Diversity, Equity, and Environmental Justice.
- Winner will receive $100 cash prize
- Poster design may be used on promotional material (printed and online)
- The designer will be recognized on the main stage at Earth Day
- All submissions will be posted online to recognize the effort of all participants
- Poster designs must reflect the 2019 UW Earth Day theme of "Engage for Earth"
- There are no color or design limitations
- Poster designs must be 11"x17", landscape or portrait orientation
- Poster designs should be submitted in a digital format (.ai/.svg and .png)
- Must be an original piece of artwork - no trademarked or copyrighted elements
- Poster designs should include the words "UW Earth Day," the event date "April 22" and location "HUB Lawn"
- No limit to the number of entries by a single individual
- Winner will be selected by the Earth Day Committee - the committee's decision is final
How to apply:
- Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your full name and UW affiliation
- Attach your poster design file to the email or include a download link to service such as Google Drive or Dropbox, using required format
- Do not combine several designs in one file
Feel free to use examples from past Earth Day events for inspiration but also remember to think outside the box! Show us how you engage.
Poster designs are due by midnight on March 15, 2019.
For more information please contact Sarah Culp at email@example.com.
Winner agrees to:
- Provide a photo and brief bio for PR purposes.
- Appear in person for ceremonial check presentation at the Earth Day Festival on April 22, 2019.