The University of Washington is a charter signatory to the American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment (ACUPCC), and is committed to developing an institutional action plan for becoming climate neutral.
In January 2009, under the auspices of the Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee, a Climate Action Planning Oversight Team formed to coordinate the drafting of a Climate Action Plan. Teams of faculty, students, administrative leaders and staff across all three campuses worked together to develop the UW plan, which was submitted to ACUPCC on September 12, 2009. The Plan describes preliminary strategies to be explored by the UW, including our intent to work toward becoming climate-neutral. The UW Climate Action Plan sets out broad strategies--i.e. a "Plan to Plan," that will guide us to that goal.
- University of Washington Climate Action Plan
- UW Climate Action Plan progress and updates
- 2010 UW Climate Action Plan Update: accomplishments since the Plan’s submission, and strategies for the coming years
- Search the AASHE website for CAP 2012 Progress Reports, submitted by all 3 campuses
- Effective January 1, 2015, the 3 UW campuses are reporting as one consolidated entity
- UW Transportation Services' Climate Action Strategy for Transportation
- Download CAP posters, bulletin boards and more
Send your feedback or questions about the UW Climate Action Plan to: email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest!